To help you find your question, look for the category and then your question. Some of these questions are listed in multiple categories. If you can’t find it there, check a related category before emailing your teacher. These are frequently asked questions by former students.
I've finished, what do I have to do to now?
How do I receive my certificate?
How long will it take to receive it?
The following is the process:
1. We will then have to verify your records (including checking for payment).
2. You will receive your DR 2460 via U. S. Mail within 3-10 days after you complete your final test.(Mon – Fri.)
3. The license office will only use the DR 2460 for licensing. You MUST wait to recieve it in the mail.
What if I finish in less than 30 hours?
“…You must log 30 hours.....” As indicated in the original agreement and established state guidelines, If you happen to finish prior to logging the time, you will be encouraged to revisit the textbook and visit the exercises. You must log at least 30 hours in order to be eligible for the final.
I have finished and it will not allow me to take the final test. What do I do?
Unfortunately, you are in a situation where you must go back and log additional hours in order to get the correct number of hours. Our suggestion is for you to go back to your textbook or visit the exercises.
If I finish all the tests do I still have to have 30 hours?
Yes! As stated in the Agreement, you must log at least 30 hours in this program, as well as complete all the requirements in order to receive a certificate. If you finish early, Our suggestion is for you to go back to your textbook or visit the exercises.
Does this program allow me to get an insurance discount?
Not by itself! You’ll need to contact your insurance company to see if will be accepted with the 6 hours of driving that you do.
Where can I find other
Is this program licensed by the state of
Why do I receive the General emails to ALL STUDENTS emails?
We have experienced a high number of emails requesting that particular information. Responding to these FAQ’s requires a tremendous amount of time from our staff that could be spent analyzing student progress, and helping to clarify content, etc. We have found that we can cut down on that number by sending these reminders. We do apologize if they don’t pertain to you.
What are some tips for new students?
A. Read: You have to be on every page in the book at least once. The program logs your time on each page. If do not been on every page in a topic, you will receive a message telling you to do so in order to access the quiz or test.
B. Fill in Personal Info: Make sure that all your personal info is filled in.
C. Log out each time
D. Don’t allow your computer to sit idle for extended periods of time.
E. Don't be guilty of trying to learn the material by taking the quizzes multiple times until you pass. You still have to have been on all the pages and have logged 30 hours in order to finish.
How can I see my progress?
On the left side of your screen, click the VIEW RECORD button. Then scroll to the bottom.
I did not pay during the registration process, can I go back now and do this and how do I do this?
Go to the login page, click on Contact Info button, and see the check or credit card info. (The fastest way is by credit card.) If you are paying by check or money order, send to the address on the page.
I see that the price increased. I haven’t paid yet. What do I pay?
Whatever the price was when you registered is the contract price. If you pay by credit card, you card will be charged the current price, HOWEVER, you will get a refund of the difference. If by check, just send the correct amount.
Program issues (including navigational, saving. Fixits)
I can’t logout, because I don’t see the stop sign in the lower left corner?
1. Go to the desktop,
2. Right click on an open space (no icons or buttons)
3. left-click on the SETTINGS tab.
4. click/hold/drag the arrow on screen resolution till it gets to 1024 x 768 pixels.
5. Click OK (You may have to restart or reboot your computer.)
Where can I find my personal information recorded during the registration process and course progress?
On the left of your screen, click the View Records button to find all of your personal information as well as course progress.
My Exercises will not save?
Here are 2 possible problems. Too much info, or not all answer spaces have been filled.
1. Make your answers short and sweet as from the book. Rarely do we require a response bigger than the answer spaces.
2. Make sure all the answer spaces are filled.
My seems to have lost some information, what has happened?
Possibly, you could be using a browser that will not allow this information to be saved. Many students have had these issues while using AOL’s browser. We suggest that you switch to Internet Explorer, or Firefox.
When I login, I get the message, “ACCESS DENIED.” What is happening and how do I fix it?
The most common reasons could be firewall restrictions or cookie issues. Here are a few fixits that you can try.
To adjust cookies in Internet Explorer:
1. In Internet Explorer click on "Tools" at the top of the window.
2. Select "Internet Options".
3. Click on the "Privacy" tab.
4. In the center of the "Privacy" tab screen, there should be an "Advanced" button. Click this button.
5. Ensure that "Override automatic cookie handling" is checked.
6. First party cookies should be set to "Accept" and block third party cookies
7. Check "Always allow session cookies"
8. Click on "OK"
9. Exit Internet Explorer and restart your browser
To delete or remove cookies in Internet Explorer:
1. Click on the Tools option on the Explorer menu. 2. Then choose Internet Options. Under the tab labeled “General” click on the
3. Delete Cookies and then Delete Files (check the box labeled 'Delete all offline content'.
4. To remove these temporary internet files click on the Delete Cookies button and
5. Click the OK button (this removes any cookies still in this area)
6. And next click the Delete Files button,
7. Check the checkbox for Delete all offline content (these are the pages that are cashed by your internet explorer when browsing web pages)
8. And click the OK button (this removes any web pages still cashed).
1) Try clearing your Internet Temporary files and cookies.
2) Adjust settings on your Internet Explorer with the attached file.
3) Adjust firewall settings with attached file (must use acrobat reader to open file or can be downloaded here http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html )
4) Change Browser to Firefox at which can be downloaded here http://getfirefox.com
How does the grading work in the Exercises?
The Exercises is auto-graded to speed up the feedback to you while you go through the course. If you receive a message, make sure that you read and follow its directions.